Splash Trash Tour at Buffer, Mar. 31 - Apr. 7
What happens when trash hits the splash? As we all enjoy the beautiful Florida ocean and beaches, we are also facing an enormous challenge - trash in our oceans. It is having devastating effects on our sea and wildlife, our beaches, our local economies and our human health.
Special Events include:
· Trash in the Oceans and You – April 6, 10:00 – 11:00: What is the status of plastic trash in our oceans and what can we do to make a difference? Is recycling the answer? Is ocean clean-up technology the answer? Join Splash Trash creator, Bette Booth, in this interactive presentation to learn the answers to these and many other questions about trash in our oceans.
· Splash Trash Family Day Saturday April 1 – 10:00 – 2:00. Join artist Bette Booth while she is making a new art piece – “Catch of the Day”.
This is the final stop on the Splash Trash 2017 Florida Tour and the response has been overwhelming. As one visitor summarized, “Everyone needs to see this show. The message is that important.” Another commented, “It’s beautiful. It’s disturbing. It’s inspiring.”
Splash Trash Tour Hours
March 31: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
April 1: 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
April 3 – 6: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
April 7: 9:00 a.m. – 12:00
Posted by Sandra Chafin - Tuesday, 03/28/17, 04:46 PM - Category: Events
- Splash Trash Tour at Buffer, Mar. 31 - Apr. 7
- Tram Tours on SECOND Friday of each month!
- Archaeology Weekend in Port St. Joe March 25, 2017
- Archaeology Weekend in PSJ on March 24th
- Eagle Program WAS GREAT!
- Annual Meeting A Success!
- Annual Meeting
- Thankful for our members
- Thank You for our Bay day Sponsors
- June Starts Busy! Call Out for Bay Day Volunteers!
- National Volunteer Week!
- Archaeology Week Celebrated!
- Fire Week at the Buffer Preserve!